Christmas Wishes to Write in a Card
Of the many traditions of Christmas, sending Christmas cards is perhaps the most thoughtful. Let these examples serve as idea generators for writing wonderful Christmas wishes.
Christmas Card Wishes
Christmas Card Wishes
What to Write in a Christmas Card for Anyone
- Warm wishes to you this Christmas.
- Wishing you a fun and festive holiday season!
- I hope this card finds you well. May your Christmas be merry and bright!
- "Have yourself a merry little Christmas." -Ralph Blane
- We're thinking of you this holiday as we remind ourselves of our many blessings.
- I'm glad to be able to send you a Christmas card. I'm focusing on the things and people in my life that are most important to me. That's why you get a card.
- Christmas begins with Thanksgiving and ends with hope. I hope you feel as blessed as I do.
- When you open your presents I'll be missing your presence. I wish I could be there with you!
- May you find your heart filled with holiday spirit as you are busy with holiday fun!
- We're wishing you the very best this Christmas and hoping for a wonderful New Year.
- Happy holiday wishes to you from the ___ family!
- If you are getting this card from me, it means you are an important person to me.
- If I could give you a card that gives you a big hug, that card would be a perfect expression of what I want to communicate.
- In all the bustle of the holidays, don't forget to have a merry Christmas.
- It's that time of year again when I get to wish my friends a wonderful Christmas. I'm grateful for you.
- No matter how cold it is at Christmas, there's a warm spot in my heart for you.
- Without friends like you, Christmas cards wouldn't be as fun to write.
- Christmas reminds me of hope, love, and you.
- May your face, fingers, toes and nose stay warm this winter season.
- Have a peaceful, joyful, and magical Christmas.
- When you get this card, we hope you are already enjoying the holiday season. Life can get busy at this time of year, and we're wishing you some fun and relaxation.
- I'm wishing all my special people a special Christmas.
- May your heart be warm with the love that surrounds you this Christmas.
- The holidays can get crazy. We're wishing you a peaceful time.
- I love Christmas, but I love my friends and family even more.
- May our Lord Jesus warm your heart this Christmas, New Year's, and all year long. Merry Christmas!
- I'm wishing you a Christmas that’s fat and jolly just like Santa Claus.
- 'Tis the season' to eat, drink, and be merry.
- I would like to extend to you the warmest wishes for the holidays.
- May the love of Christ fill your heart with warmth. May the love of family fill your home with laughter and good cheer.
- I wish you all the toys you want, all the eggnog you want to drink, and all the other things that bring Christmas cheer.
- Christmas is a good time to send cards to special people, hence the card to you.
- Thanksgiving is over, but there's plenty more opportunities for holiday festivities. I hope you are enjoying this time.
- This card may not be a replacement for being together on the holiday, but it will have to do until I see you soon.
- We want to wish you and your family a wonderful and merry Christmas filled with warmth, peace, and joy. Enjoy the beautiful holiday season!
Funny Christmas Wishes
- It's that time of the year to say Merry Christmas and have a happy new beer.
- I know you don't like listening to me, but please take my advice. Have a merry Christmas!
- You should be proud of me. I found time to write and send Christmas cards this year.
- Consider this Christmas card to be my official request for an amazing Christmas gift.
- Santa may not be real, but I have real friends who are just as cool.
- Remember that the reason for the season is for the sake of the economy. Happy buying season to all!
- If all the Christmas cards in the entire world were placed end to end, they would reach the North Pole.
- If elves were real and there is only one Santa, then the elves could definitely take over the North Pole if there were an uprising.
- It’s the most busiest, stressful, time of the year!
- If we could only have the Christmas cheer all year long, then we could all be totally stressed out all year.
- I thought it would be better to not send a phony Christmas message this year and attempt to be real and honest. Here it is: “Santa is NOT real.” Merry Christmas.
- The irony of Christmas is that we lie to our kids telling them that there is a guy who loves you and gives gifts for free and knows what you are thinking. Then we expect them to believe and trust in Jesus when they are teenagers and have a drug problem.
- Jesus’ last name was Christ, but Mary’s last name was not Christ, so stop saying “Mary Christmas.”
- Thanksgiving is a holiday that centers around gluttony as we eat as much as possible. Christmas is the perfect follow-up since it centers around everyone getting new clothes to fit into.
- Having two Thanksgivings instead of Thanksgiving and Christmas would allow us all the weight gain without the loss to the wallet.
- WWJTASC: “What would Jesus think about Santa Clause?”
- Can you blame kids for not believing in a guy who performs miracles, loves kids, and knows if you’ve been bad or good?
- 2,000 years is a long time, but Christmas is timeless. It'll never go out of style.
- Opening presents is the second best thing about Christmas. Reading this card is the best.
- I'm predicting that this year you will have an amazing Christmas, but I've been wrong in the past.
- Most people end up standing under the mistletoe with their money at Christmas time. They kiss their money goodbye as their friends and relatives open their presents.
Short Christmas Sayings to Write in a Card
There's no need to write a long message. If that's not your style, use one of these brief sayings.
- Stay warm this holiday season.
- Our savior is born!
- May Christ brighten your view and warm your heart this holiday season. Merry Christmas!
- Spend your money for Christmas. Pay it back with interest. Lose weight in your wallet.
- May you feel loved by the true and perfect gift of Christmas.
- We wish you many blessings for you and your family this Christmas.
- Jesus is the everlasting gift that keeps on giving.
- I hope your Christmas is merry and bright.
- Share the spirit of Christmas with the ones you love.
- You don’t have to wait until Christmas to get your Christmas gift. Christ is the gift of all seasons.
- Without Christ, Christmas would just be a “mess.”
- Salvation has arrived in the form of a baby.
- Jesus is the light in the dark winter and the light of Christmas.
- Humanities greatest gift is the gift of Christmas.
- Jesus is always the reason for the celebration.
- Christmas is about giving because you have received a gift from God.
- It’s the busiest time of the year.
- Lights! Camera! Merry Christmas!
What to Write in a Christian (Religious) Christmas Card
Writing meaningful messages in cards is a nice way to go if those you write to have religious beliefs about the holiday. These religious messages and sayings give a card more purpose than only tradition or entertainment.
- The Lord is good and his gift of Jesus is the greatest gift of all.
- May your Christmas season be peaceful, joyful, and bright.
- We have hope because of the gift that was given to use over two thousand years ago. That gift continues to bless the world year after year.
- The light of the world shines brighter than any light we can make. His love is amazing and overwhelming.
- May your time be spent on what He would want you to spend it on. Our time is never wasted when it is spent in love.
- Peace is something that only believers can fully experience.
- A cheerful attitude is easier when the mind is focused on the gift we've been given in Jesus.
- Christ is the original gift giver. No one is capable of giving like him, but we can honor him as we exchange gifts and remember His ultimate sacrifice.
What to Write in a Romantic Christmas Card
- Keep me close and keep me warm this Christmas!
- You're sweeter and hotter than the sweetest hot cocoa.
- I've made my list for Christmas and all I want is you wrapped up in a big bow.
- The only thing I love more than Christmas time is spending the holiday with my best friend and lover.
- Christmas is all about the gift of love. I want to give you the most precious gift I can give you.
- I will be your present under the tree that you really wanted to unwrap.
- Life with you is amazing because I get to spend special days like this with my favorite person in the world.
- Please get me what I want this Christmas. It's you and a few gift cards to my favorite stores.
- Thanks for already getting me what I want for Christmas. I look forward to getting the same present for my birthday and our anniversary too.
Christmas Wishes for Grandchildren
Christmas is a special time of year for grandparents to shower grandchildren with gifts from the heart. Words written in a Christmas card become a keepsake for smaller children and can be meaningful for older grandchildren.
Messages for Young Grandchildren
- Christmas is always fun when I get to spend time with my amazing grandchildren. You're one of my favorite things about Christmas!
- Lot's of love for a small person who takes up a big part of my heart! I hope you have a fun Christmas.
- This Christmas I'm feeling so proud to be your grandparent. You are a blessing in our lives.
- Baby Jesus changed the lives of everyone in the world just like you changed our world when you were born.
- You're more cute than any Christmas elf I've ever seen!
- You warm my heart more than all the hot cocoa in the world.
- I pray that you are blessed this Christmas as much as you are a blessing to us.
Messages for Older Grandchildren
- You're never too old to be spoiled by grandparents who love you very much.
- My favorite thing about Christmas is getting to see all my grandchildren who I love very much.
- It may be cold outside, but I have a warm feeling in my heart because I get to be your grandparent.
- Grandparents get to pretend that their grandchildren are still young at Christmas. We get to spoil you as much as we want.
- I'm content this Christmas because I get to be your grandparent. There's nothing I need other than that except maybe a hug from you.