Mother's Day Wishes and Quotes
What to Write in a Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day is perhaps the only day of the year our mothers get close to the amount of recognition gratitude they deserve.
- Thanks for teaching me everything I need to know. I give you credit for all of my best qualities and none of my worst qualities.
- I became the luckiest kid in the world the day I was born to such a special mom.
- You deserve more celebration than one day a year because I get to have you as my mother every day.
- I will always be indebted to you for the sacrifices you make for me and the investments you made in me. Thanks, mom!
- I know you never expected anything in return for all the work you have done as my mom, except for maybe smiles and hugs. A smile and a hug are still my favorite things to give you, even though you deserve so much more.
- What can I say that would ever be eloquent enough to express my gratitude for all you have done as my mom?
- I have a lot to be grateful for because of you. You have given, guarded, and guided my life since the lucky day you birthed me.
- For most people, mothers are some of the most influential people in their lives. This is definitely true for me. Thanks for being an important and influential person in my life. Happy Mothering Day!
- Having you as my mom has been a blessing. Only God would know the exact person to give me the love and discipline I needed while growing up.
- No one can build you up when you are feeling down like your own mother. Also, no one who can bring you down a notch or two when you start feeling big-headed. Thanks for keeping it real.
- Mom, it’s funny how you get smarter with each passing year. You are smarter this year than you were last year. I wonder why that is. It must be because you are growing up and maturing. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Only a mother like you could have put up with all of my shenanigans while I was growing up Only a mother like you would have still loved me and wouldn't have killed me. Thanks for not murdering me.
- It is not fair that we only celebrate mothers one day of the year. Mothers sacrifice large chunks of their lives for their kids. Thank you for your sacrifice!
- Behind great leaders, scientists, and artists, you will usually find a great mother. She made it possible for these people to be great. Here’s to all the great mothers of this world.
- You have been a great support and a guiding light for me as I tried to find my way through growing up. Your wisdom continues to be a great resource for me. Thank you for knowing what to say when I needed to hear from you. I am sending you my love, admiration, and appreciation.
- Mom, I know we didn't always get along with each other as I was growing up, and we liked to argue with each other. They say that you fight the most with those you care about most. Thanks for caring enough to fight with me when I was younger and every once in a while now.
- You and dad definitely had a difficult time with me when I was growing up, and I appreciate all your understanding and hard work. I still think your job as my mom was more difficult than dad’s job, even though I appreciate you both.
- I admit that I haven't always shown you the gratitude you deserve. You have been and continue to be important to me in man ways.
- Life without you is unimaginable. I wouldn't be who I am today without you.
- You always gave me good advice since I was little. I'd like to give you some advice now. Have a Happy Mother's Day!
- Even though there are many different names people use for their moms, I like to call you often. And I know you welcome my calls when I do.
- If I become a mom in the future, I'll use your example as a model of what a good mom does.
- The great thing about having you as a mom is always knowing that there's someone there for me who truly loves me the way every kid needs to be loved.
- I become ever more grateful with each passing year I get to have you around. You're as graceful as you have ever been in your role as my mom.
- Mothering someone has to be one of the most difficult ongoing tasks a person can do. I know I haven't always been easy to parent, but you never gave up.
- Mom, the love and support you provided me all of these years has been amazing. Only a super mom like you could have pulled off everything you did as a mother. I hope you have a Happy Mother’s day!
Quotes about Moms for Mother's Day
Sometimes a quote is a great way to express feelings to your mom. Make sure to write the quote, and then add some of your own words to go with the quote. You could write something like, "I saw this quote and thought of you."
- “My mother is a walking miracle.” -Leonardo DiCaprio
- “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” -Jane Sellman
- “An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.” -Rudyard Kipling
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “No man is poor who has a Godly mother.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” -Mitch Albom
- Since every other day is 'kids' day for moms, they deserve at least one special day.
- There's a reason dads don't give birth. Moms are essential.
- Sacrifice is a way of life for moms.
- It's easy to take for granted someone who is dependable and reliable.
- Image the world without mothers to realize how important they are.
- Everyone with a good mom is rich. Not everyone realizes it.
Mother's Day Wishes for Other Special Women
Many special ladies deserve a Mother's Day card. Aunts, grandmothers, friends, co-workers, or step-mothers can all be mother figures. And their contributions to your life can be just as significant as a good mom. Here are some ideas for saying thanks.
- Mother's day is a celebration of love. Some people who aren't your mother still love you like one. Thanks for being one of those people in my life.
- You hold a special spot in my heart where only mothers can live. I hope you know how important you are to me.
- I would adopt you as my mom in a heartbeat.
- You may not be my mom, but I know you love me like one. Thanks!
- There is a special place in heaven for special women like you, who choose to love people like a mother.
- Sometimes I forget that you aren't my mom. I think that says a lot about how important you are to me.
- I consider myself lucky to have you as a role model.
- Moms like you don't care about whether you birthed your children. Your children know they are your children because they are loved so well.
- I am glad to have a grandmother who has such a positive influence on me and our family. You are creating a great legacy.
- I love you like a mother because you love me like I was your own.