Boss and Leader Quotes and Wishes
These are some hand-picked quotes about bosses and leaders that you can use on Boss's day or for other occasions. Also read on below for some wishes for your boss to go along with a quote.
- "A team is a reflection of it's leadership."
- "A boss creates fear, a leader confidence. A boss fixes blame, a leader corrects mistakes. A boss knows all, a leader asks questions. A boss makes work drudgery, a leader makes it interesting. A boss is interested in himself or herself, a leader is interested in the group" -Russell H. Ewing
- “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” -Sam Walton
- "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Serious Black
- "Never waste a good opportunity to learn from a bad boss." -unknown
- “The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” -Lee Iacocca
- "Remember the difference between a boss and a leader; a boss says "Go!" a leader says "Let's go!" -E.M. Kelly
- "An army of donkeys led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a donkey." -Genghis Khan
- “People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- "Leadership is about being of service to others, not being served by others. Be a mentor, not a boss." -Patrick-the-Edutainer
- “The only time some people work like a horse is when the boss rides them.” -Gabriel Heatter
- "Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence." -Sheryl Sandberg
- "By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day." -Robert Frost
- “A leader is admired, a boss is feared.” -Vicente del Bosque
- "Whenever someone says they did something "like a boss," I assume that means they didn't really do anything at all and are just taking the credit for it." -unknown
- "A dog accepts you as the boss... A cat wants to see your resume." -unknown
- "If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss." -Bill Gates
- “The worst mistake a boss can make is not to say 'well done'.” -John Ashcroft
Sincere Boss's Day Wishes
Boss's wishes can be sent to say thank you. Or you can wish your boss a happy boss's day. These are examples of what you can write in a card to your boss to appreciate her or to encourage him.
- As the boss, you probably don't hear it often enough. Thank you!
- I think it's rare to have a boss like you. You are priceless.
- Having a good boss can be the difference between enjoying your work and hating your job. Thanks to you, I enjoy my work.
- I appreciate your leadership. There's a lot that you do that I admire, and there's even more that you do I don't even know about.
- Having employees is not always easy. You handle the task with grace. Thanks!
- You're the best boss I've ever had. That's why I'm planning to keep you on the team for a while.
- You support me in many ways. Having a boss like you is a blessing.
- I'm glad that I can approach you for help, and I know that you will be helpful.
- You always seem to have time to answer my questions or encourage me to do my best.
- You teach me and mentor me to constantly improve and do my best work.
Funny Boss's Day Messages
If you're lucky enough to have a boss with a sense of humor, congratulations! Use one of these funny boss's day messages or combine them in a way that works well.
- Let me tell you what to do for once. Have a great Boss's day!
- Since it's Boss's day, I'll give you the gift you really want. I won't ask you for a raise today.
- You're the best boss I never hired!
- I don't know how you got to be the boss, but I know how you've been able to stay the boss. Your amazing employees make you look good.
- You make doing nothing one of the toughest jobs in the world.
- I've learned so much from you that I can do your job better than you now. Maybe I should be getting the boss's day card.
- You are one-of-a-kind, just like me. It takes a boss like you to handle an employee like me.