Valentine's Day Wishes and Quotes
What to Write in a Valentine's Day Card
Valentines are for anyone, whether romantic or non-romantic. Here are the themes included on this page.
- Romantic Wishes
- Non-Romantic Messages
- Messages for Long-Term Relationships
- Valentine's Day Quotes
Valentine's Day Wishes: Romantic Messages
Valentine's Day Wishes: Romanti...
Romantic and Flirty Valentine's Day Wishes
- I'm glad cupid shot you for me with his arrow.
- Sorry I'm a day late wishing you a happy February 13th.
- I guess today is just as good of a day as any to tell you how I feel about you.
- I'm glad I don't need a special day to feel special when I'm with you.
- All I want for Valentine's day is for you to enjoy yourself.
- Romance is easy when the one you adore is as amazing as you.
- This is my favorite day to love on my favorite person.
- You are the only reason I enjoy Valentine's Day.
- I love celebrating our love the way we do. We always have a good time.
- You are the best present I could have on Valentine's Day!
- I just have one question for you. How did I get so lucky to have you as my Valentine?
- I love that you love me despite my faults.
- You are my sweet candy. You are my beautiful flower. You are my perfect Valentine's Day present.
- Valentine's Day helps to remind me how special you are to me. We were made for each other.
- I want you to do something special for me every February 14th. Be mine!
- Love is always amazing, but ours is especially awesome!
- I want to experience Valentine's Day with all my senses. I want to experience you with all my senses.
- I feel like royalty when I'm with you. You are my prince and I am your princess.
- Valentine's Day would be a sad day without you. I can't imagine not having you now.
- No chocolates or other candies can be as sweet as you. No teddy bear can be as cuddly, and no roses can be as beautiful.
- I trust you with my heart, even though it is fragile. Thanks for taking good care of it.
- It's not that I don't love Valentine's Day, it's just that I love you more.
- Thanks for being my sweetheart and my Valentine. Happy Valentine's day!
- If our love was a song, I'd want to blast it all the time. And I'd dance to it with you.
- You have my heart, my soul, and my eyes. You are my Valentine now and forever.
- I wasn't sure what to say on Valentine's Day. Chocolate covered cherries, roses, and red are symbols of words I wish I could have said.
- You are my comfort when I am feeling down and the smile I feel even when I frown. Thanks for being mine.
- If I could have anything on Valentine's day, I would choose you, again. Love ________.
- Being my Valentine is the most important job you have on Valentine's Day. Make sure you aren't late for work.
- Some people say Valentine's Day is just another day for card companies, flower shops, and candy companies to make more money. I disagree, I think it's the best excuse for all of us to show each other how much we love our significant other the way we should every day.
- I hope you can feel my love this Valentine's day even though I can't be with you. Cupid has a long range arrow for us. I am confident in Cupid's marksmanship nevertheless. (Long distance message)
- I can't imagine Valentine's Day with anyone else or without you. Thank you for being my companion and my lover.
- Dating you makes every day feel like Valentine's day, but I don't mind if they want to make it official on Feb. 14th.
- Have an amazing Valentine's Day filled with feelings of love, and know that I am thinking of you warmly.
- You are a beautiful person on the inside and the outside. I love hanging out with you and appreciate having you in my life.
- If it wasn't for the mushy feeling you give me, I wouldn't be able to stand the mushiness of Valentine's Day. Thanks to you, I can enjoy Feb 14th.
- When I try to think of all the reasons I love you, my head hurts. I don't like to have to count that high.
- Being in love is like being irrationally obsessed. O.k., I admit it. I'm guilty of being a little obsessed with you.
- A lot of people say that it's all the little things that make them love another person. In my case, it's the big things that I love about you.
- Our love is magnetic. Even though we are polar opposites in some ways, we're strongly attracted to each other.
- Love is in the air and it might get a little difficult to breathe today.
- My heart harts your heart.
- I've been thinking of some adjectives to describe you, but then I realized those same adjectives could describe my gift to you: beautiful, sweet, etc.
- You make V-day a fun time. All I can do is write you a rhyme.
- We have a special kind of love that we can celebrate in a special way.
- I'm already looking forward to celebrating our love again one year from now. What will we do between then and now?
- I love spending time with you. Today is no different.
- Life is much better with you on February 14th. I remember life before you and it was much more lonely.
- I'm grateful to have you today. Let me spend today showing you how thankful I am.
- I'm glad to have you on the holiday, and I'll also enjoy you tomorrow when the holiday has passed.
Non-Romantic Valentine's Day Wishes
Valentine's Day cards aren't just for romantic relationships. Cards can be given to classmates, teachers, family members, and friends.
- I would love for you to have a lovely Valentine's Day.
- It's not just a sappy card holiday, it's also a holiday for wishing anyone a great day!
- I hope you realize how important you are to me.
- Happy Valentine's Day to one of my favorite people in the world.
- This holiday is for appreciating special people. I just want to say that I appreciate you.
- I love having you as my friend/son/teacher.
- Let's make today a day of celebration of everyone, not just the sappy romantic stuff.
- I have some Valentine's Day advice for you. Have a good one!
- Valentine's day is a great opportunity to say thanks for being an important person.
- I was thinking of you and wanted to wish you a happy V-Day.
- I hope your February 14th is a great day.
Valentine's Day Messages for Long-Term Relationships (Husband or Wife)
These are examples of what to write in a Valentine's Day card to a long-term partner or spouse. These are general enough to be written to a wife or to a husband.
- What's a silly little holiday to two people who are as experienced with loving each other as much as us?
- One of the perks of being married on Valentine's Day is getting to celebrate in the most fun way with my favorite person in the world.
- I'm thankful for Valentine's Day because it reminds me to be grateful for our romance.
- Doing things with you is what I like most about our relationship. We can do pretty much anything we want and have fun doing it.
- We make a good team because we compliment and contrast each other just like beautiful roses and thorny stems.
- Our wedding vowels didn't include buying flowers and chocolates and lingerie, but we get to be reminded to be romantic every February.
- You are the hottest V-day date I could ever get. I guess that's why I wanted to marry you.
- I love you more than anything or anyone else.
- Being married to you is all I ever need on Valentine's Day, but I know you'll give me more.
- Thank you for being my companion, lover, and my Valentine this year. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful or loving sweetheart.
Valentine's Day Quotes
These quotes can be a fun way to celebrate the holiday.
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. -Charles M. Schulz
- Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever. -Author Unknown
- I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. -Emma Goldman
- I've fallen in love many times... always with you. -Author Unknown
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. -A. A. Milne
- Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another. -Thomas Merton
- A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you. -Author Unknown
- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? -Author Unknown
Original Valentine's Day Sayings
- Valentine's Day puts a magnifying glass on the love people take for granted on a daily basis.
- The divorce rate proves that cupid's aim has been a little off these days.
- Valentine's Day is actually not for the romantics, it's for the lonely to feel even more lonely than they already did on regular days.
- Chocolate covered cherries, roses, and teddy bears are way too pleasant to symbolize real genuine love.
- If you have a special someone on Valentine's Day, she should know how special she is before Valentine's Day.
- Valentine's Day is your opportunity to show just how superficial your love is by buying a bunch of stuff for someone just because you're supposed to.
- Valentine's Day is a day of mourning for the lonely.
- If we made every day Valentine's Day, the world would be a much better place.
- Valentine's Day is a great day to surprise your girlfriend with a romantic gesture. There's no way she'll be expecting it on that day.
- Nothing is more romantic than going out on the busiest date night of the year. That's why so many people do it every year on Valentine's Day.
- Love is the most important part of Valentine's Day, and it doesn't cost anything.
- Valentine's Day is a day for romantics to feel normal.
- Valentine's Day is all about putting your love into action.
- No one hates Valentine's Day like a man who knows the woman he loves is with another.