Father's Day Wishes and Quotes
Father's Day Messages to Write in a Card
These are examples of what to write in your Father's day card. Find one that you think applies well for your dad. Many of these are sincere, but you can use humor. The first set are examples of serious and sincere examples.
- I appreciate how much you have worked for our family. You put in a lot of time to provide for us. I appreciate all of your sacrifices.
- You were the perfect candidate, and I'm glad God gave you the job as my dad.
- I am thankful for all the great things you do for me, but I'm also grateful for the horrible things you didn't do. Many children must rise above their father's legacy, but I would be proud to continue your legacy.
- Life has been much better with you as my dad than if I had not been blessed with you.
- You will never go out of style. Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad ever!
- I consider myself one of the luckiest sons/daughters because I have you as my dad.
- Having a great dad like you is something you don’t appreciate fully until you get out on your own. Then you realize all the lessons your dad taught you make your life a lot easier. Thanks for helping me learn some lessons the easy way.
- I know you are not perfect, and I know you and mom don’t always see eye to eye, but you have been an awesome father. I appreciate you. Have a great Father’s day!
- You’ve always been a loving father, even during the times I needed tough love. I want to say thanks to you this Father’s day.
- You’ve taught me a lot, and I know that the biggest thing you have taught me is how to be a man of character. Thank you for being a great role model.
- Having a great dad like you is totally underrated. People don't know what they are missing without having you as their dad. Happy Father’s day!
- There’s no possible way I could pay you back for all that you have done for me growing up, but I do want to thank you. I greatly appreciate all your hard work raising me.
- You have been a source of stability and support since the beginning of my life and leading up to today. I appreciate your strength.
- It was really difficult to find a Father’s day card that could express what I wanted to say to you. Most of the cards use negative stereotypes about dads being lazy, beer drinking, sports obsessed idiots. Thank you for not living up to these negative stereotypes.
- My Favorite thing about you is that you can be silly sometimes.
- You will have a lasting legacy on the world because of your influence on me. I will also strive to be the kind of leader and teacher you were. I hope you know how important you are because I don't have the words to express the depth of my gratitude.
- Having you as my dad is one of the most important influences on my ability to succeed. Anything you are proud of that I do is also partly your responsibility. Thanks for your encouragement and guidance.
- Thanks for being present and not taking everything too seriously.
- Father’s Day is only important for people who have great dads. It’s important to me.
- I’m glad I got lucky and have you as my dad. If you think about it, none of us get to choose our dad. I guess I just lucked out when I was born.
- Fathers like you give their kids wisdom that will serve them their entire lives. Thanks!
- Dad, you have been a source of strength since as early as I can remember. Thank you for giving me security and educating me about important things as I grew up. Have an awesome Father’s Day.
Funny Father's Day Messages
These may not be absolutely funny, but with some details about your own father, these could be hilarious messages for your Father's day card. See what you can figure out.
- You've gotten better at being my dad over the years, and I hope I've gotten a little better at being your kid.
- My favorite memories of growing up involve you making a joke, mom rolling her eyes at you, and me dying laughing.
- I still haven’t mastered the art of the pull-my-finger fart despite all the many lessons you gave me growing up.
- If I had it to do all over again, I might choose a different father, but since I’ve already put in all the hard work, it is totally worth it. I appreciate all the toughness you instilled in me.
- Before I had a boss at my job, I had you to teach me how to show respect to you and mom. Thanks for the many lessons you taught me.
- When you tally up the time, it seems your biggest accomplishment is your ability to keep the entire family alive. We spent a lot of time in the family car with you at the wheel. Thanks for keeping us safe on all the family trips.
- I’m not sure how many times I’ve heard ‘wait until your father gets home.’ It turns out it wasn’t that bad when you got home. Thanks for not freaking out about what I did while you were at work.
- My story of incredible perseverance wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the challenges that you exposed me to. So, in a weird way you made me a stronger person by not being the best father in the world.
- You fulfilled your role as my dad quite adequately.
- You rank in the top 10 of all the dads I've had.
- It's that time of year again when everyone tries to tell themselves that they had the best dad in the world. I really did have the best dad in the world, so they can't be right.
- No one can replace you because no one can fart as well as you.
- In case you didn't know, you're my favorite dad.
- The best Father’s Day gifts come from the heart and are bought by dad's money.
- If you’ve taught me one thing in life, it’s that I have to write something funny in your Father’s Day card.
- Thanks for making me!
Original Sayings about Dads
These father sayings are original to this site. Feel free to quote one in your Father's day card or other personal use. These are written in proverb or quote style so that they can be general enough to use in various situations.
- Being a good father starts with patience and never ends.
- When a boy can imagine what it would be like to lose his father, then he has the ability to imagine being a man.
- Fathers become warriors when there is a threat to the family.
- A father’s look of disappointment is as strong as a thousand-word-scolding from a mother.
- A home is built on the strength of the foundation of a father. If that home is built on a stable foundation, it will be a stable home.
- God shows a true and perfect example of a father’s love.
- A good father knows how to use his power strategically. Most of the time that means he does not fully exercise his power.
- A father’s spoken words have the potential to build or demolish the esteem of his child.
- A good father is a luxury of the privileged.
- Growing up with a different father may not be optional, but deciding how to be a better father yourself is in your control. A wise son will refuse to continue the legacy of mistakes of his father.
- When a young man’s father dies, he immediately inherits the status of elder.
- Being the man of the house is not as much fun as most kids think it is.