The flu sickens 9 - 45 million people each year. Even though it is a common illness, don't assume that it isn't misery inducing or dangerous. The flu can be a serious and even life-threatening illness. The following are some serious and not-so-serious examples of get well messages for people recovering from influenza.
What to Write in a Get Well Card for Influenza
- I am sad to hear you have the flu. Please rest and recover as quickly as you can.
- Sneezing, sniffling, coughing and chills. Eat some chicken noodle soup with your pills. I wished you well in my own way. It's a terrible rhyme, what can I say?
- I hope your symptoms all go away soon. Recover quickly like a someone in a cartoon.
- The flu is no joke, and neither is my wish for you to get well soon! I'm dead serious. Oh dear! I should not have mentioned death.
- I'll be checking in on you regularly and praying for a fast recovery. Let me know if I can bring anything by that you need.
- I'm sorry you weren't able to avoid the flu. Now you won't be able to avoid me taking care of you.
- I wish I could bear some of the illness for you. Actually, that's a lie. The flu is terrible and I'm keeping my distance.
- You must be fast! You caught something that just has to run it's course.
- Iv'e noticed that really nice people have been catching the flu. Next time, don't be so nice. Just let it fall flat on it's face on the floor.
- Would this be a bad time to ask you to help me move a couch this weekend?
- I'm choosing to keep my distance, but it's not because I don't like you. It's because I don't get along well with influenza. We've had issues in the past.
- I'm sick of people like you getting the flu, so I guess we're both sick now.
- Nobody likes missing work and being sick, especially when we're actually sick. What a waste of a day off.
- I'm sending prayers about you to help you get over the flu.
- One thing to remember to do when you have a the flu is to stay cool. Your temperature could get too high and you might even die, so don't be a fool.
- You're out of breath, your muscles ache, and you feel week. Either you just had an intense workout, or you have the flu. Either way, it's time to recover.
- They say you'll probably never get this exact strain of flu ever again. I hope it's comforting to know that.
- Other than a time machine, I don't know of any other way to cure the flu. I'll see you 4 days ago!
- Life with the flu can be miserable, but it beats the alternative.
- Would you rather have the flu or be turned into a zombie? Either way you answer, I respect your choice.
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but I think you might need a pineapple worth of medicine at this point.
- "The best thing about getting a flu shot is that you never again need to wash your hands. That's how I see it." - Chuck Palahniuk
- "What I find most disturbing about Valentine's Day is, look, I get that you have to have a holiday of love, but in the height of flu season, it makes no sense." - Lewis Black