Sympathy Messages for Death of a Father
What to Write in a Sympathy Card for Loss of Father
The loss of a father is a significant loss. Deciding what to say to someone who lost his/her dad can feel impossible. Most people will lose their fathers sometime during their lifetime. You don't have to know exactly what to write. Use one of the following messages and edit it to fit the person you want to console.
- From what you've told me about your dad, it sounds like you two were close. I want to acknowledge your loss and offer my support. Expect to hear from me soon.
- Although he wasn't dad to me, your father was important to many people, including myself. I will miss his wit, humor, and friendship.
- Your dad was a amazing man, full of integrity and character. I am glad I was able to know him. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
- Dads are special people. They are greatly missed when we lose them. We'll miss your dad.
- Fathers have a different way of showing their love for their children and when they pass on, they're missed greatly. Please accept my sincere sympathy for the loss of your father.
- Losing your dad can be extremely difficult because you are losing a source of strength, stability and consistency in your life. I am sorry for your loss.
- Your heavenly father will provide you the strength and support that your dad once provided you. I’ll be praying for you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.
- Your dad was a wise man, but at the same time, he had a great sense of humor. He will be missed greatly and remembered often.
- I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
- I am at a total loss of words of what to write or say to you to console you for the loss of your father. I want you to know that I am willing to talk anytime. I will be calling you soon to check on you and to be a listening ear for anything you want to talk about.
- I will pray that God will grant you the strength and the wisdom that your dad once provided to you and your family.
- I am deeply and sincerely sorry for the loss of your father.
- I know that no one can take your dad’s place, but I want you to know that I am available to hang out if you need somebody to talk to.
- My condolences to you for the passing of your father. There will never be another man like him.
- Dads live on in their children's hearts. In this way, we can never truly lose our dads.
- Your dad was one amazing guy. I admire the way he lived his life.
- I am sorry you lost your dad. I hope you find that your memories are a comfort when you need some.
- They broke the mold after your dad. I've enjoyed hearing the many stories you've told me. I hope the storytelling doesn't stop.
- Your dad will be missed by many. He led others with inspiring actions that I will continue to remember.
- Dads are important people, and I know yours was especially important to you. I am sorry for your great loss.