16th Birthday Messages: Examples of What to Write
Writing a birthday message for a 16 year old can be challenging due to the maturity level of the teenager. Most 16th birthday card messages focus on driving as the milestone event of the 16th birthday. Use the following 16 year old birthday messages to wish your 16 year old a happy birthday in a card, or say happy birthday on Facebook with one of these.
- "Hpy 16th Bday! Dnt Txt N Drv"
- Try to live up to what you're called now, "sweet sixteen."
- "Congratulations on turning 16. We know you will be a safe driver, since you have had 16 years of driving experience. You've driven your parents crazy for 16 years. Happy 16th birthday!"
- "You are right in the middle of your teenage years, 4 years from 12 and 4 years from 20. Enjoy being middle-teen-aged."
- "It’s time to put away your bad teenager attitude, now that you are 'sweet sixteen!”
- "Congratulations on turning 16! Get a job!"
- "Sixteen is a year filled with new responsibilities; dating, driving, and a first job. You'll find out years later that none of these things are anything to get excited about. Happy 16th Birthday!"
- "The law might say you are old enough to drive, but I know you are really just a 10-year-old with 6 years of experience. 10-year-olds shouldn’t be driving. Happy 16th anyway."
- "Congratulations on turning 16. Your car insurance company will view you as a 0 year old driver. Make sure you wear your diaper… I mean seat belt."
- "If 16-year-olds are the most dangerous drivers, then statistically speaking, the most dangerous place you will ever drive is where there is a high concentration of 16-year-old drivers. Stay away from your school parking lot."
- "Keep in mind that even though you are turning 16, the impulse control part of your brain is still developing. Unfortunately, you probably didn't read my message because you got distracted by the money in this card."
- "You are not too young to be used by God. Keep showing your strong faith as a 16 year old Christian and you will influence those around you like no older person could do." (Christian 16th Birthday Message)
- "Seeing you turn 16 makes us feel proud of all that we know you have accomplished. We are excited to see you beginning to really grow up and become more responsible and mature. happy 16th!" (16th Birthday Message from Parents/Grandparents)
Tips for Your 16th Birthday Card Wishes
For a Boy
1. Compliment his character, accomplishments, responsibility, and work ethic, independence, creativity, intelligence, and talents.
2. Funny messages will work well.
3. Challenge him to do great things with an inspirational quote
4. Themes include: high school, sports, cars, driving, hunting, fishing, video games, and girls and dating.
For a Girl
1. Compliment her character, accomplishments, beauty, talents, intelligence, maturity, creativity, energy, and relationships with others.
2. Funny messages followed up with something meaningful works well.
3. Challenge her to be overcome obstacles and dream big
4. Themes include: high school, sweet sixteen, driving, school, fashion, boys, and relationships or dating.