Brother and Sister Birthday Wishes
What to Write in Your Brother or Sister's Birthday Card
Brothers and sisters get to share in some of the same joys and sorrows of growing up in the same house. They get to pick on each other for fun and band together in difficult times. Sibling birthday messages can follow these themes as well. Here are some examples.
- Isn't it great when you and your best friend get to have the same parents?
- You are my favorite brother/sister born today!
- Thanks for all the fun times growing up. I would be a different person today if it weren't for you.
- I've been able to enjoy having a great brother/sister for __ years now!
- Siblings are good at keeping secrets, like who broke the lamp. So your real age is safe with me.
- I know we didn't always get along growing up, but when I look back over all the years and birthdays, I realize how lucky I am to have you as a sibling. We have had a lot of fun through the years. Happy birthday again.
- I love having you as a brother/sister, and I love that you are always going to be older than me. Have a great birthday.
- I am glad I was able to be your little brother/sister because I was able to learn from all of your mistakes. I am glad you were born before me. Happy Birthday!
- No matter how old we get, you’ll always be my big brother/sister. I love you and have a happy birthday.
- I probably hate you having birthdays and getting older just as much as you because when you get older I know that I am getting older too since I am your brother/sister.
- Did I ever tell you how glad I am that you were born __ years ago? I am especially glad that I had someone who could be an ally against mom and dad’s rules. Happy Birthday!
- I still look up to you after all these years of you being my big brother/sister. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
- I remember how when we were kids we couldn’t wait until our birthday. We would count down the days. Now we dread birthdays and try to deny that they happen.
- I think there is a connection that brothers/sisters have with each other. Because of that, I feel like I got a little older on your birthday. Darn you for that. Happy birthday!
- I have been blessed in my life to have a brother/sister like you. We have gotten closer through the years even though we don’t see each as much as when we were growing up together. I appreciate our relationship and the blessing it has been in my life. Happy Birthday!
- I am glad that you were born into our crazy family, although I think you were the wildest one of us. Thanks for making things fun growing up. Have a wild and crazy birthday.
- Remember when we were able to eat all the cake we wanted and we wouldn’t get fat. I guess somewhere along the way our birthdays have caught up with us. We are just boring old people now. I am glad we are in this together.
- Remember how you used to try to help me blow my candles out? Now you need help blowing out your candles because there are so many. Happy Birthday!
- Between me picking on you and you telling on me, we were able to keep mom and dad pretty busy, and I think that is our biggest accomplishment from growing up. I couldn't have done it without you. I am glad you were born. (Birthday message from older brother/sister)
- I guess now is a good time to tell you that mom and dad adopted you and we don’t know when your birthday actually was. Happy made up birthday!
- No matter how old you try to get, you'll always be younger than me. Happy Birthday! Nice try. You still have to listen to your older brother/sister.
For a Younger Sibling
No matter how old you try to get, you'll always be my little brother/sister. So you have to do what I say.
For an Older Sibling
Good thing you were born first. That way I can learn from all your mistakes. You've had plenty.