Get Well Wishes
What to Write in a Get Well Card
Getting sick is not a fun thing, but get well cards can help recovery. The following examples are designed to help you figure out what to write in a get well card. Make sure to edit these to match the ill person's situation.
- Please listen to me for once, and get well soon!
- Prayers for you are on my to-do list, but I'd like to be able to cross that item off soon when you're all better.
- Time to get better. I insist.
- Nothing seems to go right when you are not well. Please get well soon, so things can go back to normal.
- You being sick is making me feel sick. I hate when the people I care about are not well. So, for your sake and mine, please get better soon.
- Getting bad news from the doctor is really scary. I pray that God will grant you peace as you face this difficulty.
- Have a speedy and complete recovery. I can't wait until you are back to your old self. I miss you.
- The only thing more sick than you right now is me being sick of you being sick.
- Having a health scare can take a lot out of you. Take care of yourself, and get all the rest that you need to get back to normal. Let me know of any way I can help. I'll be calling you soon.
- I am praying for you to have a full recovery soon. Get the rest you need, and I will see you when you are feeling better.
- I am sorry you have to go through such a scary procedure.
- I am sorry you are not feeling well. I hate that you have to go through this. Get well soon.
- Get well, so I can hang out with you. I can't wait very long, so get well soon.
- I am praying for you. I am praying for healing, comfort, and peace. God knows what you need right now.
- I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. I am hope this card gives you a smile and improves your spirits.
- If I could take your illness from you and bear the burden I would. Since I can't do that, I'll have to nurse you back to health.
Funny and Poetic Wishes
These are good to use when you are making your own get well card. You can write part on the front of the card and part in the inside. Then add your own note.
- You're sick, and I'm tired. Something needs to change.
- If I could, I'd wave a magic wand and make you all better. Maybe you could try waving this magic card instead.
- Did you forget to eat your apple today?
- You're not the only one who is sick. I'm sick of you being sick.
- Get well soon, but please don’t lose your sick sense of humor. You wouldn't be the same without it!
- I was sad to hear that you’re feeling ill. With you out of commission, there’s no one to corrupt me, and that’s no fun at all!
- I heard about your accident, and I’m glad that you’re okay. When you’re feeling better tell humpty-dumpty I said “hey”.
- I was sorry to learn that you’re feeling ill. Make sure you get some rest and eat some chicken noodle soup. Take it easy, and you’ll be back to your energetic self in no time.
- I know that right now your health is poor. Just remember that your heart is rich and true. I’m thinking of you. So keep your spirits high, and I’m sure you’ll be better in no time.
- You’re wonderful and caring, sweet and kind. And even though you’re feeling ill, I’m sure you’ll be better in no time.
- I heard about your accident, and I’m sorry to hear that you got hurt. Take time to heal. Take time to rest. I’m sure that soon, you’ll be feeling your very best.
- When I heard that you were sick I wasn't surprised. I thought they were talking about your mind! I was sorry to hear that they actually meant your body. Don’t worry though; it goes against all the laws of nature, for a body as fine as yours to be out of commission for too long.
- I was sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope your road to recovery is smooth and your journey towards good health is quick.
- You deserve the very best, and that includes good health. I hope you feel better soon. With you out of commission the world is a gloomy place.
- If I had a time machine, I'd go back in time to when you were better. Then I'd keep you well.
- I'm holding my breath until you are well so don't keep me waiting too long.
- If I could change places with you, I wouldn't. I'd be crazy to do that. I'll just wish you the best instead.
- I am sorry that you are feeling ill.
- Enough already. I am getting sick of you being sick.
- I am praying for you to get better soon. Please get better soon and answer my prayers as soon as possible.
- We are all missing you and want you to get well soon.
- I'm happiest when you are well so please make me happy.
- Wishing you a quick and full recovery.
- I hope this card can lift your spirits enough to make you feel better. And I hope you get well soon.
- Sending warm wishes and good thoughts to get you feeling better. Get well soon.
- I am praying that you have a fast recovery.
- I miss seeing you and bothering you. Get better so I can drive you crazy.
- If you don't take your medicine and get some rest, I'll be disappointed in you. Get well soon.
- If 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away' then you need to eat an apple, because I want you to get well soon.
- You are a sick person, it's just that now that has a double meaning.
- Since laughter is the best medicine, you can call me and I will tell you a joke to make you feel better. Get well soon.
- So you aren't superman after all? Get well soon.
- Some things in life are optional, but getting better soon is not one of them.
- I want you to get well now because soon isn't soon enough.
Words to Use to Wish Someone Well
Use these words when designing your own message. Use as many as possible, and your message will write itself. Add a touch of humor and give it personal meaning and you are sure to help someone start feeling better soon.