Friend Sayings: Quotes about Friendship
These sayings about friendship are all created by Blake Flannery. Feel free to use these to say something meaningful to one of your friends in a greeting card messages. Friends are truly valuable and there is a lot to be said about having a good friend.
- A good friend disagrees in confidence, but proves his loyalty in the presence of enemies.
- Friends are like living and breathing insurance policies. It may be better to have few good policies than many policies with low coverage and high deductibles.
- An honest friend who speaks harsh words is better than an enemy who flatters.
- The nature of words spoken behind the back of a friend has the potential to edify or destroy.
- Friends talk about each other behind each other’s back, but they do so in a positive way.
- No one can be more honest than a genuine friend without making you angry.
- Encouraging words spoken by a friend are more valuable than gold.
- Friends may act like enemies in private but are always strong allies in public.
- A good friend knows you and understands you better than yourself.
- Friendship is simply, innocently, and genuinely expressed love.
- There’s no replacement for the friendships of childhood.
- Friends teach you the lessons that your parents and teachers cannot.
- Friendships are strong shelters supported by patience and reinforced by shared interests.
- The earth would be lonely without its close friend the moon.
- No one can ever explain why French fries go well with a hamburger, nor can anyone explain why most friends go together.
- Friends should not become business partners for the sake of the friendship, but business partners should become friends for the sake of the business.
- Family members are just good friends who don’t always act friendly.
- Friendships grow much like a mighty oak tree. They are slow in growth, but extremely strong when fully mature.
- A friend is someone you can impress just by being yourself, but you’ll probably offend if you act like someone else.
- Facades are transparent when in the close inspection of a good friend.
- Friends are as necessary as food, water, or shelter. They serve as energy boosters, thirst quenchers, and protective shelters.
- Offended ex-friends make the fiercest of enemies. Go to your friend, make peace, and be reconciled lest you be destroyed by your hatred.
- You may gain the sympathy of many, but only a true friend can provide empathy.
- A wise friend must decide between a harsh truth or a sweet lie to minimize damage.
- Honest feedback from a friend pierces pride and informs the ignorant.
- Friends can get away with offensive and enraging dialogue as long as it is done with a smile.
- A smile from a friend warms the heart like a mother’s chicken soup and heals the body like a perfect medicine.
Bible Verses about Friendship
- As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. -Proverbs 27:17
- The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. -Proverbs 12:26
- Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. -Proverbs 27:6
- One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. -Proverbs 18:24
- Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals. -1 Corinthians 15:33
- Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. -Proverbs 13:20
- Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared. -Proverbs 22:24-25
- Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor. -Romans 12:10