Many people send Christmas cards to friends and family, but it's not always easy to know what to write. Sometimes an inspirational message is appropriate while other times a funny saying might suffice. Read through the following lists to help get ideas and narrow down what you want to express.
- Wishing you all the best! Have a fun and festive holiday season!
- I hope this card finds you well. May your Christmas be merry and bright!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas. -Bing Crosby
- We're thinking of you this holiday as we remind ourselves of our many blessings.
- I'm glad to be able to send you a Christmas card. I'm focusing on the things and people in my life that are most important to me. That's why you got a card.
- Christmas begins with Thanksgiving and ends with hope. I hope you feel as blessed as I do.
- When you open your presents I'll be missing your presence. I wish I could be there with you!
- May you find your heart filled with holiday spirit as you are busy with holiday fun!
- We're wishing you the very best this Christmas and hoping for an even better New Year.
- Happy holiday wishes to you from the ___ family!
- If you are getting this card from me, it means you are an important person to me.
- If I could give you a card that gives you a big hug, it would be the perfect Christmas card.
- In all the bustle of the holidays, don't forget to have a merry Christmas.
- It's that time of year again when I get to wish my friends a wonderful Christmas. I'm grateful for you.
- No matter how cold it is at Christmas, there's a warm spot in my heart for you.
- Without friends like you, Christmas cards wouldn't be as fun to write.
- Christmas reminds me of the hope, love, and you.
- May your face, fingers, toes and nose stay warm this winter season.
- Have a peaceful, joyful, and magical Christmas.
- When you get this card, we hope you are already enjoying the holiday season. Life can get busy at this time of year, so we wish you some fun and relaxation.
- I'm wishing all my special people a special Christmas.
- May your heart be warm with the love that surrounds you this Christmas.
- The holidays can get crazy. We're wishing you a peaceful time.
- Most people end up standing under the mistletoe with their money at Christmas time. They kiss their money goodbye as their friends and relatives open their presents.
- I love Christmas, but I love my friends and family even more.
- May our Lord Jesus warm your heart this Christmas, New Year's, and all year long. Merry Christmas!
- I'm wishing you a Christmas that’s fat and jolly just like Santa Claus.
- 'Tis the season' to eat, drink, and be merry.
- I would like to extend to you the warmest wishes for the holidays.
- May the love of Christ fill your heart with warmth this Christmas. May the love of family fill your house with warmth and laughter.
- I wish you all the toys you want, all the eggnog you want, and all the other things that bring Christmas cheer.
- Christmas is a good time to send cards to special people. You’re one of my most special people. Merry Christmas!
- Thanksgiving is over, but there's plenty more opportunities for holiday festivities. I hope you are enjoying this time.
- It's that time of the year to say Merry Christmas and a have a new beer.
- I know you don't like listening to me, but please take my advice. Have a merry Christmas!
- You should be proud of me. I found time to write and send Christmas cards this year.
- Consider this Christmas card to be my official request for an amazing Christmas gift.
- Santa may not be real, but I have real friends who are just as cool.
- Remember that the reason for the season is for the sake of the economy. Happy buying season to all!
- If all the Christmas cards in the entire world were placed end to end, they would reach the North Pole.
- If elves were real and there is only one Santa, then the elves could definitely take over the North Pole if there were an uprising.
- It’s the most busiest, stressful, time of the year!
- If we could only have the Christmas cheer all year long, then we could all be totally stressed out all year.
- I thought it would be better to not send a phony Christmas message this year and attempt to be real and honest. Here it is: “Santa is NOT real.” Merry Christmas.
- The irony of Christmas is that we lie to our kids telling them that there is a guy who loves you and gives gifts for free and knows what you are thinking. Then we expect them to believe and trust in Jesus when they are teenagers and have a drug problem.
- Jesus’ last name was Christ, but Mary’s last name was not Christ, so stop saying “Mary Christmas.”
- Thanksgiving is a holiday that centers around gluttony as we eat as much as possible. Christmas is the perfect follow-up since it centers around everyone getting new clothes to fit into.
- Having two Thanksgivings instead of Thanksgiving and Christmas would allow us all the weight gain without the loss to the wallet.
- WWJTASC: “What would Jesus think about Santa Clause?”
- Can you blame kids for not believing in a guy who performs miracles, loves kids, and knows if you’ve been bad or good?
- 2,000 years is a long time, but Christmas is timeless. It'll never go out of style.
- Opening presents is the second best thing about Christmas. Reading this card is the best.
- I'm predicting that this year you will have an amazing Christmas, but I've been wrong in the past.
Here are some examples of short sayings that you can write in your Christmas card. Some are religious and others are not. There's no need to write a long Christmas message. If that's not your style, use one of these brief sayings.
- Stay warm this holiday season.
- Our savior is born!
- May Christ brighten your view and warm your heart this holiday season. Merry Christmas!
- Spend your money for Christmas. Pay it back with interest. Lose weight in your wallet.
- May you feel loved by the true and perfect gift of Christmas.
- We wish you many blessings for you and your family this Christmas.
- Jesus is the everlasting gift that keeps on giving.
- I hope your Christmas is merry and bright.
- Share the spirit of Christmas with the ones you love.
- You don’t have to wait until Christmas to get your Christmas gift. Christ is the gift of all seasons.
- Without Christ, Christmas would just be a “mess.”
- Salvation has arrived in the form of a baby.
- Jesus is the light in the dark winter and the light of Christmas.
- Humanities greatest gift is the gift of Christmas.
- Jesus is always the reason for the celebration.
- Christmas is about giving because you have received a gift from God.
- It’s the busiest time of the year.
- Lights! Camera! Merry Christmas!