Thank You Messages for Teachers
The difference between a really great teacher and one who does not teach well can have a lasting effect on students. Some teachers truly care about their students and want to make sure they are learning. Some teachers work diligently to make sure students understand the material at a deep level and become more interested in the subject matter. Here are some examples of thank you messages for teachers to write in a card to your teacher or to your child's teacher who you are grateful for.
Thank You Messages from a Student to a Teacher
- Thank you for teaching me a subject I thought I could never understand or be interested in. Thank you for making learning fun.
- Even though you were a strict teacher and held us to high standards, I know that I have learned more from your class than any other class I have had. You pushed me to do my best, and I am better for it now.
- I consider you not only the best teacher I have ever had, but also the best mentor I have ever had.
- I learned a lot in your class because you took the extra time to explain things clearly. You gave me the extra help I needed. Thank you for giving me your time.
- You have and will continue to be a great influence on me. Thank you for the great work you do and the huge impact you make in young people’s lives as a teacher.
- Mr./Mrs. _______, The most important things you ever taught me weren't the lessons about the class material, but the lessons about life that you taught. You have been a great mentor and role model for me.
- If all teachers were like you, there would be “no child left behind.”
- If I could nominate you for teacher of the year, I would. You have had to do so many special things to help me learn the material this semester/year.
- Mr./Mrs. ____________. Your class was the only class that I didn't dread having to come to each day. Thank you for being a bright spot and something to look forward to in the school day.
- I was going through a rough time and I wasn't sure I would make it, but you showed me that I am important and you helped me get through the tough time. Thank you for being supportive when I needed support.
- You are not just a teacher. You are also a mentor and a friend. Thanks for all you do for me.
- Most other teachers don’t look out for their teachers the way you do. Thank you for really caring about your students and knowing when there is something wrong. You are more than just a teacher.
- Teachers are probably one of the most underrated professionals out there, and I want to say thanks. I understand how difficult it must be to educate a bunch of students all at the same time. Then you take work home and grade papers at home, just so you can give your students good feedback. Thank you for all you do as a teacher.
- You are probably the third most influential person in my life just behind my parents because you taught me to ask good questions, never give up, and never quit learning. You instilled a sense of scholarship in me and showed me how important my education is.
- The best thing about having you as a teacher is that I'll benefit from what I've learned the rest of my life. You've given me knowledge and skills for life.
- I know that teachers like you make sacrifices for your students. You're one of the good ones!
- You've taught me so much more than the subject that you teach. Thanks for being a mentor for life.
- Gifted teachers like you are a gift to their students.
- You work tirelessly to inspire your students. It's working because you work so hard. You're an amazing teacher!
Thank You Messages from a Parent to a Teacher
- You have a special way of working with our son that helps him learn and be interested in school. It's easy to see that you enjoy being a teacher.
- Thank God for teachers like you! This year could be going a lot differently if it weren't for your extra help for our son.
- We appreciate all the skills it takes to be a teacher. You are organized, caring, and enthusiastic in what you do.
- You deserve much more than a thank you card. I appreciate the effort that it takes to teach our daughter.
- We know our son is in good hands while he's at school because of having teachers like you.
- You have great influence on (name of child). He is always talking about the fun and interesting things you do at school. You've made him thirsty to learn.
- This year has gone so much better than last year, and I think it's because of you being such a great teacher. You've sparked an interest in learning that wasn't there last year, and it's getting easier to motivate (name of child) to do work you assign.
- We've come a long way with (name of child) because of your patience, understanding, and flexibility. We appreciate the way you deal with challenges in the classroom and how you challenge your students to do their best.