Sympathy Thank You Messages
When someone gives you a sympathy gift or card, it can be difficult to express gratitude for the gesture. Strong feelings may still have a foothold, and yet feelings of gratitude can be helpful. Writing in a card could even be a cathartic and healing experience and a reminder of existing support.
Thank You Messages for Sympathy Gestures and Support
- I needed encouragement, and your words gave me what I needed.
- Your sympathy card and the message you wrote me encouraged me and lifted me up when I was feeling down. I appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. Just knowing you are there for me helps tremendously.
- I hope you know how important you have been to me recently.
- Sometimes it’s not the words that are said to you but who says them that means the most.You are one of those people who mean so much and who I can trust to be honest. Your sincerity is valued.
- Your light of encouragement shines brightly on me.
- Your gift meant a lot to me and will help me remember many of the good times I had before my loss. Thank you for putting so much thought into your gift.
- Thank you for taking the time to attend the funeral Your presence and words that day meant more than you probably realize. You helped me through a difficult time. You are a very supportive person.
- I know attending a funeral can be difficult and awkward, especially when you didn’t know the person that well. I know that you were there to support and comfort me. I just want to say thanks for your time and thoughtfulness.
- I know that you would fix all of my problems if you could, but you’re right. It is in the Lord’s hand. I want to thank you for praying for me, which is something I should have done more for myself.
- Thank you for being there at a very difficult time in my life. I can tell who my good friends are in a time like that, and you are definitely one of the best.
- Thank you for calling me and coming over to check on me. That’s exactly what I needed. Seeing you often helped lessen the pain and got my spirits up. You are a great source of comfort and support in my life.
- I can’t imagine what my loss would have been like without your support. You were amazingly perfect in helping me when I needed help.
- Your response to my loss went beyond sympathy. You empathized with me and responded as if you were going through the same situation. Thank you for relating so well to my situation.
- Having someone like you is extremely important for times like this when I need help and support. You are there for me and I want to thank you for being an amazing friend.
- Your timing could not have been better, and the way you helped was perfect. Thank you for being a great friend.