Birthday Party Invitation Wording
Since it's a birthday party invitation, etiquette isn't as important and voice doesn't need to be as formal as a wedding. Birthday party invitation can be fun and include themes of the party. The only real requirement is that guests know the important details. Otherwise, use creativity to make a memorable and interesting invitation!
What to Include in the Invitation
- Include the name of the person the party is for.
- Include any themes or specific information attendees need to know. For example, tell if it's a surprise party or a costume party.
- Let people know if they can bring the entire family or a date. This can be done with how the invitee is addressed. For example, if it says "Jane Doe" vs. "Jane Doe and guest" vs. "The Doe Family."
- Include the time of the party. Include both the date and the beginning and ending time.
- Include the location, including an exact address. Let people know any details such as if it will be outdoors, if they should bring chairs, or if you'll be providing bug spray.
- Include RSVP information, including contact information.
What to Write in a Birthday Invitation
- (Name of person) is getting pretty old, so you better come to his/her birthday party. It might be your last chance to wish him/her a happy birthday.
- The super bowl, the Indianapolis 500, and (Name of person)’s birthday party all have one thing in common. None of them are to be missed.
- (Name of person) will only be turning __ once. Don’t miss the big party celebrating this huge milestone.
- Would you come to (Name of person)’s funeral? Then you should definitely come to (Name of person)’s birthday party to celebrate his/her life while he/she is still alive.
- Come to the most fun, outrageous, and amazing birthday party for the most fun, outrageous, and amazing person who is turning __ years old.
- The best way to say happy birthday to (Name of person) is to show up to his/her birthday party on (date of party).
- There are a lot of reasons to throw a party, but in this case it is because (Name of person) is turning _ years old.
- Ask yourself one question. Do you have anything better to do than to come to an awesome birthday party? Then answer that question with a big “NO.”
- Come to the annual old person age-guessing contest. Make your guess and find out the answer to the mystery of the universe. How old is (Name of person)?
- Come and celebrate (Name of person)’s _th time turning 29 years old.
- Come to the party celebrating (Name of person)’s accomplishment of staying alive another year.
- Someone is getting older and you are invited to see it happen. Come to (name of person having a birthday)’s party and you’ll be amazed at what aging can do to someone.
Specific Themed Birthday Invitation Wording Ideas
Zoo Themed Invitation Ideas:
- The lions are roaring. The bears are growling. The crocodiles are snapping. All to say, come join us for _______'s __th birthday party.
- Guess who loves the zoo and is turning two. We'd like to invite you and all the other monkey's too. Hope to see you soon!
Circus Themed Invitation Ideas:
- Come join us for the greatest show under the big top for _______'s __th birthday!
- Juggle your schedule to attend the amazing spectacle at _______'s birthday party!
Superhero Themed Invitation Ideas:
- Join the powerful league assembling to celebrate _______'s __th birthday!
- Calling all superheros to save the date. The fate of _______'s birthday party hangs in the balance.
Star Wars Themed Invitation Ideas:
- Join the resistance! Come party with the rebels for ______'s birthday
- Wookiee who is turning __. All the Jedi's are invited, and you R2.
Princess Themed Invitation Ideas:
- Come join the royal party for some fun and fanfare. _______ is turning __!
- Lords and ladies one and all, you are invited to princess _______'s birthday ball.
Willy Wonka Themed Invitation Ideas:
- (Make invitation look like a golden ticket) Wonka's Golden Ticket! Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket! You are invited to ______'s birthday. Present this ticket (time, date, and location).
- Come with me and you'll see a world of pure imagination. What you'll see will defy explanation at _______'s birthday party.