Wedding Messages When you Can't Attend
Whether you are out of town, sick, or busy during the wedding, you may not have been able to attend the wedding and now need to know what to write in the wedding card. These messages are belated wedding messages or notes to let the happy couple know that you were not able to attend the wedding ceremony or reception.
- We're sorry that we are not going to be able to attend your wedding. We wish the best to both of you, and we are looking forward to seeing some wedding pictures when we have a chance to get together after your honeymoon. Congratulations on your wedding.
- I know this card is a little late. I hope you don't mind, but I figured it won't matter much since I have the rest of your lives left to tell you congratulations on your marriage. I could have waited longer.
- By the time you get my late wedding card, you will have had a great head start to your happily ever after. Wishing you guys the best.
- We're so sorry we are getting this card to you so late. We were busy at the time of your wedding and were unable to attend, and now we are just getting around to sending you a card. Wishing and sending both of you love. Congrats!
- Better late than never to wish a great newly married couple an awesome forever together.
- I would wish you a happy life together and the best of luck, but unfortunately I am so late with your card that two have probably already gotten a good head start on that.
- One thing you'll realize after being married for a while is that 'time flies when you are having fun.' That's why you'll have to excuse us for getting your wedding card to you guys so late. We hope time is flying fast for you guys too.
- We feel terrible that we were unable to take part in your special day and that it took us so long to get you this card. Please forgive us and know that we are wishing the best for you two.
- We are sorry to miss your wedding. We will be away on a family vacation on that day. We wish you both much happiness and look forward to your future together. If we can help in any way, please call on us. Enjoy your day and your time with family and friends.
- We are so sorry we couldn't come to your wedding reception. Unfortunately, we had to be out of town at that time. May the Lord bless your lives together.
- Best wishes for the future. We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.
- We are sorry we could not make your wedding, but we hear it was a beautiful affair as were the both of you. We look forward to seeing the pictures and seeing you both at the next family gathering. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.