Belated Birthday Messages
What to Write in a Late Birthday Card
If you are late writing a birthday message, you have some options. You can make it funny or be sincere about forgetting. Writing in a card is especially difficult when you know you have let a lot of time pass without giving a card. Have fun and admit that the card is late. It will give you an opportunity to be funny.
- I'm sorry my card is late. I didn't notice you getting older.
- I'm not known to be punctual, but I do care about my friends. That pretty much explains the card.
- Better late than never. Especially when you get a present with the card, right? Happy Birthday!
- Please forgive my absent-mindedness.
- Were you born before your due date? It seems like you should have been born today.
- I hear that it's more fashionable to be late, so why would you expect my birthday wishes to be on time?
- The question is not how late my birthday card was, it is how early it was for your next birthday.
- Happy Belated Birthday!
- "I’m late," which is what your mom said about 8 months before your birthday.
- I missed your birthday, again. I’ll have to work on my aim.
- Oops, it was your birthday again, and I forgot. Happy Belated Birthday
- Na na na na boo boo, I was the last one to wish you a happy birthday this year. Happy belated birthday.
- Hey, I know I’m late with the birthday card, but most people aren't born on their due date. I figured it’s o.k. to be a little early or a little late, the way people are born. Happy birthday!
- The best birthday surprise is a card that comes late. I just want to let you know that I was holding your card to help build the suspense. Hope you had a great birthday, and you liked your surprise card.
- There are 365 days in a year, and we’re all supposed to aim for one day to give you your card and presents?
- Birthdays are like Bigfoot. They surprise the crap out of you and they are easy to miss.
- Hey you probably think I am really late getting you your birthday card, but actually I am just a little early wishing you a happy half birthday.
- We’re almost late enough with your birthday card, we could almost wait until next year and give you two cards.
- Better late than never for a birthday card… especially when there is money inside; right?
- I know I’m late getting you this birthday card, but I know you’ll be the same age for most of another year, so I have plenty of time.
- I'm sending you this belated birthday message to let you know that I am wishing you a happy birth-year instead of just a birthday. Who says you can’t celebrate the entire year? I’m not late at all with your card.