1st Birthday Wishes
What to Write in a One-year-old's Birthday Card
Being realistic, you should expect that the one year old will probably not read your birthday message to him or her. So, you can write the message to amuse the parents and other adults at the birthday party, or you can write something inspiring that the one year old may later read. Use the following examples of 1st birthday messages for your one year old.
- You are a one-of-a-kind one-year-old!
- Congratulations on turning 12! ...months that is. Happy first birthday!
- You are at the cutest age. Have fun getting smiles from anyone.
- I hope you enjoy the wrapping paper. That's what most 1-year-olds want.
- I can't wait to see what you do in the next year. You are growing so fast!
- Since you can't read yet, I guess I won't need to write anything super spectacular in your birthday card. Just make sure you don't keep this one to look at later when you're older.
- Your smile is priceless. Your hugs and kisses are therapy. You are perfect at your age.
- I know you probably can't read yet, so unless you keep this card for several years, you will never know what I wrote. In that case, I just want to let you know that you still kind of act like a baby. Happy first birthday!
- I know most people think you are only one today. You’re actually about one year and nine months old, but no one counts the time you put in while you were still swimming around in your mom.
- We are praying that your life continues to be a blessing to your family and that your family will continue to be a blessing to you. With lots of love, Happy 1st birthday!
- One year down, 17 years to go until you are an adult. Have fun being one… a kid that is.
- It’s fun to look back at all that you’ve done leading up to the birthday when you turn one.
- You are learning to walk, and soon you’ll be learning to run. You still have many more things to learn while you’re one.
- You are a few pounds worth of kid fun, all rolled up on a package whose age is one. Happy 1st birthday!
- You’ve lived only one of your many birthdays to come. Congratulations on your first.
- We hope you have a blast and a ton of fun on this special birthday of yours, when you turn one.
- You get more mobile as you get older. Just 15 more years and you’ll be driving a car. I am wishing you a happy 1/16th of being old enough to drive.
- Enjoy your simple life as a one year old while it lasts. It only gets more difficult and complicated from here.
- Treasure the memories of the next year, and have a blast going crazy. You won’t remember any of it when you get to be my age. No regrets for a one year old.
- You are one cute one year old.
- You’re not just one year old. You are 12 months old. That makes you sound a lot older.
- You milked your first year of life as much as you could, and now you get to eat real food!
- You are no longer a baby, but not quite a toddler.
- Nothing is more fun than one year old kids, especially then they are cute like you.
- I am looking forward to seeing you learn many new things this year.
- Please stay 1 as long as you can... at least for a year. You are perfect at this age!