Thank You Messages for Teachers
What to Write to Show Teacher Appreciation
The difference between a really great teacher and one who does not teach well can have a lasting effect on you. Some teachers really care about their students and want to make sure they are learning. Some teachers work hard to make sure you are understanding material at a deep level and become more interested in the subject matter. Here are some examples of thank you messages for teachers that you can write in your card to your teacher who you are grateful for.
- Thank you for teaching me a subject I thought I could never understand or be interested in. Thank you for making learning fun.
- Even though you were a strict teacher and held us to high standards, I know that I have learned more from your class than any other class I have had. You pushed me to do my best, and I am better for it now.
- I consider you not only the best teacher I have ever had, but also the best mentor I have ever had.
- I learned a lot in your class because you took the extra time to explain things clearly. You gave me the extra help I needed. Thank you for giving me your time.
- You have and will continue to be a great influence on me. Thank you for the great work you do and the huge impact you make in young people’s lives as a teacher.
- Mr./Mrs. _______, The most important things you ever taught me weren't the lessons about the class material, but the lessons about life that you taught. You have been a great mentor and role model for me.
- If all teachers were like you, there would be “no child left behind.”
- If I could nominate you for teacher of the year, I would. You have had to do so many special things to help me learn the material this semester/year.
- Mr./Mrs. ____________. Your class was the only class that I didn't dread having to come to each day. Thank you for being a bright spot and something to look forward to in the school day.
- I was going through a rough time and I wasn't sure I would make it, but you showed me that I am important and you helped me get through the tough time. Thank you for being supportive when I needed support.
- You are not just a teacher. You are also a mentor and a friend. Thanks for all you do for me.
- Most other teachers don’t look out for their teachers the way you do. Thank you for really caring about your students and knowing when there is something wrong. You are more than just a teacher.
- Teachers are probably one of the most underrated professionals out there, and I want to say thanks. I understand how difficult it must be to educate a bunch of students all at the same time. Then you take work home and grade papers at home, just so you can give your students good feedback. Thank you for all you do as a teacher.
- You are probably the third most influential person in my life just behind my parents because you taught me to ask good questions, never give up, and never quit learning. You instilled a sense of scholarship in me and showed me how important my education is.