When someone retires, you may not know what to write in their retirement card. These retirement card messages are great examples you can use to help you figure out what to write. Many of them are sincere, but remember, you can write a funny retirement message too.
Funny Retirement Wishes
What to Say to Someone Who is Retiring
Here's a video of someone named Darlene who is retiring from working in the Minneapolis Public Schools. You can get some great ideas of candid responses of people who are asked to give her some retirement wishes on camera.
These are perfect examples of what you could use to say in person, write in a card, or even use in a retirement congratulations speech. Notice some people give very personal messages, others try to be funny, and some just give a general average retirement wish.
Use your personality to figure out what to write in your retirement card for someone. The person retiring will enjoy it the more personal you make your message, so try to fit in something that is unique to the person just like some of the people on the video. For examples, one person says, "You've saved my life like 12 times." This is going to be more meaningful than just saying, "have fun during your retirement."
Here are some more examples of retirement wishes that you can use for your card messages, speech, toast, sms, or any other purpose. These are general retirement wishes that can be use on most retirees, but you can edit them to fit your retiree and make it a more personal message. Use these retirement wishes to help you know what to write in a card, SMS, letter, or say in person. Some are funny and others are sincere.
- All of your hard work and years of service have finally paid off. Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy your new free time doing all the things that you want to do.
- You did a lot of important things while at work, and I am hoping that you continue to do a lot of important things in your retirement.
- It was a pleasure working with you and getting to know you. Have an awesome retirement.
- Wishing you an awesome retirement, even though I feel a little jealous that it's you and not me.
- If anyone deserves a great retirement it's you. You have worked hard for so many years. Best wishes
- Wishing you a continuation of your retirement, since you started your retirement unofficially long ago.
- You never really get to retire, you just get a new boss. Best wishes with your new boss.
- Just think, retirement is the last life milestone before you... Never mind,
- Wishing you fun with all the stuff you plan to do during your retirement.
- Best wishes with your new full time jobs, fishing and playing golf.
- I am wishing you tons of extra time to spend with family and friends. Happy Retirement!
- Expect me to drop the grand kids off a lot more often now that I know you will have a lot more time. Happy Retirement.
- Wishing that your retirement is the best time of your life! Happy retirement. Enjoy!
- I would sincerely wish you a happy retirement if I wasn't so jealous of you. So I will insincerely wish you a happy retirement.