Christian Sympathy Messages
Religious Sympathy Sayings: Comfort for Christians
Death is a spiritual event. Those who survive are left with questions and uncertainty. There is nothing more comforting than knowing that the person's spirit lives on and is in a better place. The following are supposed to let the grieving know that their loved one is with God. These also tell the surviving person that God will always be there.
Christian Sympathy Messages and Sayings
These are messages to write in a sympathy card with a religious theme.
- I’ll be praying for you and your family. God’s love and grace are always with you.
- He who is everlasting is with us even beyond death.
- God will never leave your nor forsake you. You are his child. He is your father. He will always look after you.
- Those who are asleep will awaken on the day the Lord comes for us all. We will be called up by our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Only God can know what you are feeling in your heart now, and only He can restore your spirit. I am available to pray with you anytime.
- The 23rd Psalm may offer some comfort in this time of difficulty. King David knew about soothing the soul through music, and the songs in the Psalms are his work.
- God holds the power of life over death, and He is the true salvation. This is our only hope and comfort in this temporary life.
- The hope of salvation is most important in our lives when death touches us.
- We’re praying that the light of God’s face shines on you in the darkness of your grief.
- Jesus proved his power to overcome death. He will provide our loved ones the power of life when they die, and He will provide us that power when we die.
- Heaven has received a new member.
- The thought of knowing that our loved ones are in the presence of the savior can be of some comfort, especially when we have the confidence that our savior resides in us.
- ‘Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.’ This is proven the day our bodies die.
- Death is only the beginning of a more perfect and beautiful everlasting life.
- Sometimes God gives us trials to test and strengthen our faith. He helps us to depend on him and stay close.
- Those who are with God remain alive in his presence after death. Those who are apart from God in this life will remain apart from him after death.
- We will all be resurrected on the day of Christ’s return, just as He was on Easter day.
- If we ask God why terrible things happen in this life, He would probably answer that suffering allows us the opportunity to show love and kindness to our neighbors.
- I am sorry for your loss, and I want you to know that I will be praying for strength, peace, and comfort for you and your family.
- God is with you and can take care of you. I also want to extend my support too. I'll pray for you and will check in on you very soon to see how you are doing.
- When something like this happens, it's easy to get discouraged. I am praying for the encouragement to overcome this difficulty.
- The only one who has power over death is Jesus, and He gives everlasting life to those who ask Him for it.
- I am praying that some good comes from your loss. I can't imagine what you feel, but I can have faith and hope for you and your family during this time.
- Please accept my deepest condolences, and know that God loves you and can restore your spirits, give you peace, and strengthen you.
- In the toughest times, our faith is tested most. I pray that you will come out of this with an even stronger faith and hope in the power of God.
- It's difficult to see the purpose of death in this world. The only way to accept it is by faith. I pray that you receive the faith you need.
- God sees and knows everything. He is with you right now. He will take care of all his children.
- I know that your faith is strong, and I want to encourage you to hold on to it. Faith is the evidence of things unseen. Even though we can't see a reason for what has happened, we can have faith that there is a reason in His plan.
- God is bigger than any enemy we can face here in this life. Though our enemies are strong and mean us harm, God is stronger and can make good come from any event.