Sympathy Messages for Death of a Father
What to Write in a Sympathy Card for Loss of Father
The loss of a father can be a great loss. Finding the right words of sympathy to condole someone who lost his/her dad can be a real challenge. Most people will lose their dad sometime during their lifetime because dad's are older than their children. Keep in mind that you don't have to know exactly what to write, you can simply use one of the following messages for loss of a father and edit it to fit the person you are trying to console.
- Your dad was a great man, full of integrity and character. I am glad I was able to know him. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
- Losing your dad can be extremely difficult because you are losing a source of strength, stability and consistency in your life. I am sorry for your loss.
- Your heavenly father will provide you the strength and support that your dad once provided you. I’ll be praying for you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.
- Your dad was a wise man, but at the same time, he had a great sense of humor. He will be missed greatly and remembered often.
- I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
- I am at a total loss of words of what to write or say to you to console you for the loss of your father. I want you to know that I am willing to talk anytime. I will be calling you soon to check on you and to be a listening ear for anything you want to talk about.
- I will pray that God will grant you the strength and the wisdom that your dad once provided to you and your family.
- I am deeply and sincerely sorry for the loss of your father.
- I know that no one can take your dad’s place, but I want you to know that I am available to hang out if you need somebody to talk to.
- My condolences to you for the passing of your father. There will never be another man like him.